Statute in force of the Enrica Amiotti Foundation, set up with DPR N° 1380, December 3rd 1970
STATUTE OF “ENRICA AMIOTTI” FOUNDATION
As amended on November 27, 2015
Art.1 – Establishment
In memory of Enrica Amiotti, born in Albonese (Italy) on October 11 1885 and there dead on August 20 1961, who devoted herself for 47 years to teaching in primary school, on November 27 1968 the Foundation “Enrica Amiotti” was instituted, recognized as a legal entity by Presidential Decree [D.P.R.-Decreto del Presidente della Repubblica] number 1380 of December 3 1970.
Art. 2 – Headquarters
The Foundation has legal address in Milan [Italy], via Copernico 1. The Board of Directors can constitute elsewhere the operational headquarters and offices of the Foundation.
Art.3 – Objectives
The Foundation, which is a non-profit institution, aims to reward teaching best practices in the State Schools of Kindergarten and of the “First Cycle” [“Primo Ciclo”] (i.e. Primary and Middle Schools) supporting their diffusion among all teachers, the Ministry of Education (“Ministero dell’Istruzione, Università e Ricerca – MIUR”) and the public opinion, thanks to modern communication media. To this respect, the Foundation, which operates on the whole national territory:
- Offers occasions to exchange and upgrade their teaching experiences to teachers of public kindergarten and the “First Cycle” schools;
- Grants monetary rewards to teachers of public schools of the kindergarten and “First Cycle” schools, who excel in educational merits and for excellent educational projects, especially if they are transferrable to other schools and are managed in conditions of particular sacrifice or hardship;
- Grants rewards and/or scholarships to pupils of the public schools of the “First Cycle” for distinguished educational achievements or their moral value;
- When financial conditions allow it, it issues a national competition for new unpublished editorial works of moral sciences or scientific publication for the pupils of state Schools’ “First cycle”, determining the value of the prize each time and appointing an “ad hoc” evaluation commission which shall issue a consultative and non-binding judgement to the Board of Directors.
Art. 4 – Instrumental, additional and related activities
To reach its aims, the Foundation can:
– underwrite any legal act for financing the approved initiatives, including loan undertakings, the acquisition of property or usage rights of real estate, the underwriting of conventions with public and private institutions, which are deemed useful for reaching the objectives of the Foundation;
– administer the assets of which it is the owner, tenant or beneficiary, or of which it has anyway the possession or custody;
– underwrite conventions to subcontract parts of its activities;
– participate to associations and public and private institutions;
– engage in any activity which allows the Foundation to achieve its aims.
Art. 5 – Awards and Scholarships
The formality and the criteria to grant the awards and the scholarships are included in a specific special rule approved by the Board of Directors.
The Foundation promotes cooperations and relationships with the Education Ministry (“MIUR”), the Regional and Provincial School Boards in order to:
- Further the goals of the Foundation among Kindergarten Schools and “First Cycle” Schools [“Istituti Comprensivi”] of its constituencies;
- Promote the categories of subjects that distinguished themselves according to b) and c) paragraph of Art. 3 above.
Art. 6 – Net Assets
The Net Assets of the Foundation are constituted by:
– the initial endownment fund reserve of Euro 25.822,84 and the additions gained over the years for a total of Euro 100.000,00. The further additions of the initial endowment fund remain in the Foundation Management Fund as described in Article 7 ;
– the cash or real assets contributions, or other benefits which can be used for the achievements of its aims, made by the Founders or by third parties that are specifically targeted at fund reserves;
– the donations done by institutions or private persons and the movable goods and real estate assets which will be received the Foundation for any reason, specifically targeted at fund reserves;
– the excess income which – by resolution of the Board of Directors – can be destinated for increasing the endownment fund;
– the contributions destinated for additional endownment fund reserve by the State, Local Government entities and other Italian or foreign Public institutions.
Art. 7 – Management Fund
The Foundation Management Fund (Unrestricted Net Assets) is constituted by:
- the income and proceeds from the assets and activities of the Foundation;
- any donations, gifts, contributions or bequests, not intended as a fund reserve
- the revenues from economic activities carried out by the Foundation to fund its institutional activities.
The Management Fund is used for the operations of the Foundation and for the realization of its statutory goals.
It is forbidden to distribute income or operations surpluses to anybody and to redirect them to different purposes other than the institutional aims of the Foundation.
Art. 8 – Financial Year
The financial year starts on January 1 and ends on December 31 of each year. Before this last date, the Board of Directors approves the previsional budget of the following year, and before April 30 of each year the financial statements of the previous year.
Such budgets and financial statements are to be accompanied by a report by the Board of Directors on the Foundation’s activities and management and the financial statement by a report of the Legal Auditor.
The yearly surpluses – if any –must be used to offset any lossess of the previous financial years, or for the development of the activities of the Foundation, or for the purchase of capital goods.
Art. 9 – Organizational Bodies of the Foundation
The Foundation has the following Organizational Bodies:
– the Board of Directors;
– the Chairman of the Foundation;
– the Deputy-Chairman of the Foundation;
– the Technical-scientific Committee;
– the Legal Auditor.
Art. 10 – The Board of Directors
The Foundation is managed by a Board of Directors composed by 7 members, including the Chairman and the Deputy-Chairman of the Foundation.
The following directors are part of the Board of Directors:
- one director appointed by Istituto Lombardo – Accademia di Scienze e Lettere;
- one director appointed by the Chairman of the Foundation of the Cassa di Risparmio delle Province Lombarde (Cariplo);
- one director appointed by the Minister of Education [Ministro dell’Istruzione, Università e Ricerca (MIUR)]
- one director appointed by the Chairman of the Associazione per l’Informatica e il Calcolo Automatico (AICA);
- one director appointed by the Dean of the Bocconi University
- one director appointed by the Chairman of the Fondazione Giovanni Agnelli
- the director Mr. Enrico Amiotti.
The appointed directors remain in office for three years, extended until their substitution. Their mandate is renewable.
The directorship of Mr Enrico Amiotti is life-long; in case of his death, renunciation or inability, his senior descendant will become director ex officio for life, as long as legally able; in case of death, renunciation or inability of the latter, a new life-long director will be nominated according to the same criterion.
In absence of a descendent of Enrico Amiotti legally able and willing to accept the duty of a life-long director (or temporarily due to his/her minor age), a seventh director will be appointed for a three-year tenure (renewable) by the Chairman of the Cariplo Foundation (…).