Enrica Amiotti Foundation
1970-2016 Activities and 2017-2020 Plans
for the Italian Public Schools
- Founded in 1970 in memory of Enrica Amiotti (1885-1961), a primary school teacher for 47 years in rural Northern Italy.
- Mission: to identify, reward and spread excellent teaching in the Italian public school (pupils aged 3 to 14)
- Independent non-profit body. Assets still based upon the original bequest of the Founder Luigi Amiotti. 7 member Board appointed by the Italian Ministry of Education, Istituto Lombardo, Fondazione Cariplo, Fondazione G. Agnelli, Bocconi University, AICA (Italian ICT professional Association) and the Amiotti family.
- 100+ awards given to teachers for over € 250.000 (inflation–adjusted) + € 150.000 for the Rinascimente initiative
- Over the years, moving from giving grants to teachers based on career achievements and educational projects, towards inspiring and financing new educational initiatives (areas: active and inclusive teaching, project-based learning, digital education, music and performing arts, ethical economics and entrepreneurship for kids) and new educational models (Rinascimente, the school of all talents).
Download the full presentation:
GET IN TOUCH for enquiries and inputs: firstname.lastname@example.org